Marketing and mobile trends are changing every second.
An increase in the popularity of smartphones across the globe has led to a mobile-first world. In fact, chances are, you’re probably reading this on a mobile device.
Need some inspiration for your business marketing? We’ve gathered 30 of the most relevant mobile statistics of 2018:
1) Mobile website traffic has risen again and now accounts for 52.2% of all online traffic worldwide (Statista)
2) 16% of US internet users will go online exclusively via mobile phones in 2018 (eMarketer)
3) By the end of 2018 mobile advertising will represent 72% of all US digital ad spend (MarketingLand)
4) SMS response rates are 8 times higher than email (RetailDive)
Consider SMS software for a more dynamic communication method. Consumers are constantly carrying their mobile phones giving you a greater chance at receiving a response by using SMS.
5) 71% of teenagers watch over 3 hours of videos online per day (ThinkWithGoogle)
6) Mobile use is most popular between 8pm and 12am (SmartInsights)
7) 57% of consumers won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile website (socPub)
8) 82% of customers use their mobile phone to help make a decision when purchasing in-store (Omnicore)
9) 23 billion SMS messages will be sent every day in 2018 (PortioResearch)
From personal messages, to one-time-passwords and promotional material – SMS is being used more frequently every year!
10) 50% of people will check their smartphone immediately after waking up (Omnicore)
11) 1 in 3 banks are expected to adopt commercial blockchain in 2018 (UpWork)
12) Consumers are expected to spend $930 billion US dollars using mobile payment applications (UpWork)
13) 8 in 10 users will access their email accounts exclusively from mobile devices (ImpactBound)
14) 75% of millennials prefer to communicate via text about appointments, coupons and deliveries (CustomerThink)
SMS as a B2C communication tool will continue to rise in popularity with young adults and future generations preferring its use over traditional methods such as calls and emails.
15) 55% of teenagers are using voice search daily (CitrusBits)
16) 85% of Twitter activity will be from a mobile device (WSJ)
17) The most common mobile phone screen size is between 5 and 5.5 inches (TechCrunch)
18) There will be 5.1 billion mobile phone users in 2018 (WeAreSocial)
19) The UAE has the highest percentage of smartphone users with 82.2% (NewZoo)
20) In China there are 775 million smartphone users – the most in the world (NewZoo)
21) Appointment reminders via SMS can reduce missed appointments by 26% (MobileMarketingWatch)
Businesses can save valuable time and money by reducing missed appointments. Find out the best time to send an SMS to maximize attendance rates.
22) The iPhone X was the most purchased smartphone in Q1 of 2018 with 16 million sales (CNET)
23) Samsung devices had the highest market share in Q1 of 2018 with 23% (CNET)
24) 87% of millennials state that their smartphone never leaves their side (KPCB)
25) 75% of consumers want to use NFC payment technology when in store (BrickAndMobile)
26) 69% of consumers are more likely to buy from companies whose mobile site help them find answers to their questions (PixelUnion)
27) 9 in 10 users who enroll in SMS loyalty programs feel like they gained value from it (BrickAndMobile)
SMS coupons and rewards are an effective way to build loyalty with your customers. The personal touch of an SMS is a great way to set your business apart from competitors.
28) 32% of consumers wish mobile websites were easier to complete purchases (Jody)
29) In 2018 SMS holds an open rate of 98% (HuffingtonPost)
30) Smartphone users listen to an average of 50 minutes of audio on their smartphone each day (eMarketer)
- Nearly every business needs a mobile marketing strategy
- Customers are demanding a greater mobile experience from businesses
- Marketers across the globe have already adopted a mobile-first approach (don’t fall behind!)
- SMS will continue to be a dominant marketing platform
- Mobile use will only get higher with the most popular users being young adults